I am incredibly proud to be the Principal of Manor Community Academy, part of Northern Education Trust.
Our vision is simple.
We constantly focus on standards as we understand outcomes are paramount. Our decision making is driven entirely by what is best for children. By doing this we enhance the life chances of the children and young people in our care.
1. We care passionately about the education and welfare of young people
2. We believe that all young people, irrespective of background or ability will be successful in our Trust (please refer to Equality & Diversity Policy)
3. We are not and will never be selective. We believe that local schools are for all children
4. We are always inclusive. Our mechanisms to support the most vulnerable child to succeed and overcome barriers to learning are a key aspect of our work
5. Our approach to education recognises that outcomes are paramount and also allows children to gain experiences and values which prepare them fully for life in modern Britain. This includes workplace skills and appropriate advice for future progression
6. We have high expectations of behaviour
7. We adopt the local authority admissions protocol and work closely with them
8. We would always wish to act in such a way that has a positive effect on a neighbouring school or community. We care passionately about children in all schools, not just our own
9. That all employees act with integrity and embrace the value that 'we are the Trust'
10. We work regionally and nationally to develop approaches to MAT improvement that influence the wider school-led system
As Principal I want every member of the Academy to be successful and have very high expectations of staff and students.
At Manor, the expectation is that all lessons are well planned, delivered with enthusiasm and lead to all students making excellent progress. This is only possible when all students take responsibility for their own behaviour and learning. As Principal (and a parent) I will not tolerate any student conducting themselves in a way that harms the learning or safety of other students.
All students have access to a range of support (e.g. academic intervention, support with attendance/organisation, emotional support, additional support for SEND students etc). We believe every student can be successful and endeavour to remove any barriers in their way.
I hope you find our website useful and if there is anything else you require please contact the Academy.
Mr Lee Kirtley